The Executive Assistant provides a variety of administrative functions such as coordinate meetings, compose correspondence, manage phone and email traffic as requested and takes minutes as well as provide general secretarial office support for the Director of Education and/or President. The primary goal of this position is to support and carry out the instructional leadership team goals of 100% CAHSEE pass rates and all charters achieve a 9 or 10 compared to similar schools in a state wide average. This position provides direct administrational support.
Assists with other projects, functions and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Ability to identify Supervisors’ needs and independently resolve potential problems.
· Ability to make decisions, exercising reasonable independent judgment and discretion with minimal guidance and/or supervision.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately disseminate information.
· Ability to follow up on task commitments and give updates as needed.
· Ability to work efficiently under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining courtesy and professionalism.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
· Ability to type 50 wpm.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Strong organizational and proofreading skills, with attention to detail.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include; close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Education and Experience:
* Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
* Administrative experience at executive level or equivalent related experience. Accounting background helpful.